Saturday 15 March 2014

What an ipad really needs

Is of course a beautiful case.
As you may have noticed, the inhabitants of 2CC are recently into sewing. We are generally keen on making, (against the universal trend, I found myself hearing from the Prof of Making at UCL on Material World the other night).
My lovely iPad's lovely jacket started life as a shirt:


another shirt that I don't have a picture of, and to tart it up, a gold shawl found in a charity shop that cost £4 for one by one point four metres of glistening gold silk. No, I don't suppose it really is silk at all, but something synthetic. 
When initially cut up they looked like this:


and then this:


There is a wonderful website called the Missouri Quilt Company, where a very enthusiastic lady with a lovely accent, (very American but pronounces her T's as T's, so I imagine this to be a Missouri way of speaking), shows ways of putting bits of material together so they look better than they started. 
Following her directions, we then got to this:


The poor ipad has been living in a Jiffy bag for the last few months, and I thought it would miss this, so I opened the bag out and quilted the patchwork to one side, and the pocket part of the shirt to the other:



Finally, E brought back an excellent earthenware button, almost willow pattern, from the Kitting and 
Stitching Show at Olympia yesterday:



and look how well they go together:


What do you think?









1 comment:

  1. I think it's great - hope you're pleased :)
    And a very nicely written post too, good balance of text and images. Yay!

    ReplyDelete